Other names: Aikers Ferry, Aker’s Ferry
Henry Bullen was granted a ferry across the Choptank River in 1722. William Akers operated the ferry at Ferry Farm from 1768 to sometime before 1812. He is believed to have lived in the house located on Ferry Farm, which was also used as an ordinary or inn.
(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)