Ferry Farm is located between Bolinbroke Creek on the east and Read’s Cove and Porpoise Creek on the west, on the south side of Ferry Farm Road, 200 yards east of U.S. Route 50 on the northern end of the Malkus Bridge. Henry Bullen was granted a ferry across the Choptank River in 1722. William Akers operated the ferry from 1768 to sometime before 1812. He is believed to have lived in the house located here which was also used as an ordinary or inn.
(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)
[ crhno_crh192 ]