Hambrooks is located off Oak Street, west of Hambrooks Boulevard, 1.4 miles from Water Street in Cambridge, at the tip of Hambrooks Bay, overlooking the Choptank River. The area is named for John Hambrooks who obtained the property in the 17th century. The house built on this property was in 1803 by Isaac Steele. The property was then obtained by John Campbell Henry, son of Governor John Henry. John Campbell Henry died at Hambrooks in 1857. The house was demolished in the 1970s.
(Choptank River Cultural Resources Inventory, 1999-2002)