Many steamboat landings that were active in the late 19th century were established much earlier as plantation or farm landings used by sail craft to ship local produce to markets in the American colonies or abroad.
Some landings were owned by local farmers. Nearby farms used these farm landings to ship grain, produce, and other farm products to markets primarily in Baltimore. Many of these farm landings appear as scheduled stops on the itineraries of Maryland steamboat companies.
Railroad stations indicated on the 1875 and 1897 maps of Caroline County.
RR stations includes:
Station SW of Queen Anne