Farm landings indicated on the 1875 and 1897 maps of Caroline County, and other sources.
Farm landings were owned by local farmers. Nearby farms used these landings to ship grain, produce, and other farm products to markets primarily in Baltimore. Many of these farm landings appear as scheduled stops on the itineraries of Maryland steamboat companies.
(See the list of all the place types indicated in these historic maps.)