- School No. 10
- School No. 12
Earliest Documented: 1875
Latest Documented: 1933
Categorized as Public School 1918-1925, Two-Room School in 1928-1933. (DJ)
“A second school house erected on this site was in 1919 burned and the old Holiness Church nearby purchased, and transformed into the present school building.”” (Cochrane).
Precise geolocation is provided by USGS topo 1:62500 Denton 1908 for original road centerline compared to 2016 satellite imagery and street basemap.
Isler 1875 school no. 12. DJ 1877 list school no. 12.
DJ 1896 list school no. 10.
Located in 1896 Election Dist. No. 3.
Location Precision : 25 meters
Structure Exists? Possibly
Primary Source: Denton Journal
Cochrane, 1875 Isler map, USGS 1908 Topo. Cochrane, pp. 224-250, 320-346. Denton Journal, 1925-01-17/page-5, 1928-10-20/page-4, denton-journal/1933-02-25