Other Names: School No. 1, School No. 8
Earliest Documented: 1893
Latest Documented: 1925
Choptank students attended Hunting Creek School until a school was built at Choptank 1893. (Cochrane).
There is no school shown in town of Choptank on 1875, 1897 or 1905 maps. Only School No. 1 at the road fork northeast of Choptank on the 1875 map.
Choptank School was categorized by the school board as Public School in 1918 and a Rural School in 1924 and 1925.
This school was labeled School No. 1 in the Isler 1875 map. Denton Journal 1896 listed it as School No. 8 in Election Dist. No. 4.
Imagery shows a possible existing structure which is now a residence. The mapped location below is precise for imagery for that structure.
Location Precision: 100 Meters
Structure Exists: Possibly
Primary Source: 1875 Isler map
Other Sources: Cochrane, pp 267-280, pp. 320-346. Denton Journal 1924-11-15/page-5, 1925-01-17/page-5