Other Names: School No. 2
Earliest Documented: 1896
Latest Documented: 1925
Tags Segregated White Schools
The school site was purchased from James A. Nichols in 1896. (Cochrane) This is validated by the 1897 Saulsbury Map:
In 1896, it was listed as School No. 2 in Election District No. 5. It was categorized as a Public School in 1918 and a Rural School in 1924 and 1925. Teachers included Nellie Slacum.
Structure Exists: Probably. The existing building may be the modified original.
Location precision: 1 Meter
Primary Source: 1897 Saulsbury map
Other Sources: Cochrane, pp. 267-280, 320-346. DJ 1908-08-29/page-5, 1924-11-15/page-5, 1925-01-17/page-5.