Other Names: School No. 9 (1896)
Earliest Documented: 1882
Latest Documented: 1928
Tags: Segregated White Schools
Primary Source: 1897 Saulsbury Map
Other Sources: USGS Hobbs Topo Map 1920s, USGS GNIS, Cochrane, Denton Journal
Structure Exists: Possibly the outbuilding seen in overhead imagery east of the GNIS location.
Location Precision: 50 meters
Appears on the 1897 map of Caroline County, Md., by M.L. Saulsbury. Listed in Denton Journal 1896 as School no. 9 in 1896 Election Dist. No. 3. Categorized as Rural School in 1925-1928.
“Since 1882, the school for this section has been in the present building.”(Cochrane, 1920)
CRH mapped location aligns with USGS GNIS.
[ crhno_ crh725 ]